Trunky Transfer-Søster Severson's Adventures in Esbjerg Denmark September 6, 2021 Week 72

Wow! When I got to Denmark I had 7 transfers left, and I assumed I would probably get about 2 areas, with 3-4 transfers in each. Here is how my mission has actually turned out:

🇺🇲
1 HOPE MILLS 
2  "           "
3  "           "
4  "           " 
5 CARY (for 17 days lol) 
🇩🇰
6 SØNDERBORG 
7  "           "
8  "           "
9 HORSENS
10 LYNGBY 
11 BALLERUP
12 ESBJERG 

Yep that's right, I got transferred again! I'm now in Esbjerg, which is on the far west coast of Denmark on the Jylland peninsula. And if you're wondering how that last one is pronounced it is (ess-beee-air). Now I'm here living it up with Sister Kjar!  She is from Georgia and served with Liberty my Hawaii homie in Texas before she got here. We've only been together for 3 days but we are already Homies. Blessed times.

Last night we had dinner with a member, his less active daughter, and their friend from Egypt. I love learning from other people about how they see life, particularly religion in their lives. We started talking about religious freedom, and I genuinely tried my best to understand their version. I recognize so much of how we think and feel comes from our "roots". I am so grateful for the home and family I was blessed to grow up in. I'm blessed by the place, ward and people who taught and influenced my growth. These values I ascribed to are important, and I only hope I can do a good enough job conveying the love shared with me to others I meet around the world. 

Since the transfer last Wednesday we've spent time just getting to know the area and members. I finished the New Testament again and now that baby is MARKED UP. This time I'm going to go through it with the seminary manual so that should be insightful. Still slacking in the OT, stuck in 2 Samuel, back in Mosiah too. 

From the Sermon on the Mount: "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5. This week I read Neal A. Maxwell's 1982 address "Meekly Drenched in Destiny." From the devotional "Meekness, too, is one of the attributes of Deity. Instructively, Jesus, our Lord and Exemplar, called attention to Himself as being “meek and lowly in heart” (Matthew 11:29). Paul extolled the “meekness and gentleness of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:1). The Greek rendition of the word meek in the New Testament, by the way, is gentle and humble.... Moroni declared that it is also vital because one simply cannot develop those other crucial virtues—faith, hope, and charity—without meekness." This week I've been impressed with our world's need for more meekness, and I'm starting with me.

Meget Kærlighed Søster Severson 

A fond farewell to S. Scott
Ever faithful MTC companion S Clark
Us inviting other to "Come Follow Me"
Hello Esbjerg!
S Kjar and I loving the work



P-day cooking, always a joy when we have time!




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soster Severson's Mission Adventures Week 12, Love of the People in Fayetteville, North Carollina

DENMARK COPENHAGEN MISSION!

Intermission week 1